INDIVIDUAL / ADULT THERAPY with Emily
Emily primarily works with individuals who seek therapy to address a number of concerns including anxiety, depression, stress management, relationship distress, adjustment to life changes/transitions and trauma.
Adult psychotherapy can help with a variety of emotional, behavioral, developmental and relationship issues. She will help you gain an understanding of current issues and work toward achieving positive changes in your life.
Adult therapy helps individuals explore and improve their emotional, behavioral, and relationship/relational functioning. By improving the ways in which you handle your feelings and interact with others, your professional and personal life also will improve. In therapy, Emily will work with you to understand your challenges and establish a positive therapeutic relationship that will help you achieve your goals as soon as possible.
Emily treats a variety of adult mental health challenges including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood swings
- Generalized anxiety and excessive worry
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Adult Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Self-esteem and self-confidence issues
- Anger problems
- Shyness and social challenges
- Grief and loss
- Problems establishing or staying in relationships
- Job, career, or school difficulties
- Parenting/caregiver stress
- Development of meaningful relationships
- Stress management